Instructions and Requirements
Complete the application and deliver it to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation (Aggie Park) no later than the deadline of 5:00pm March 12, 2019. Applications received after this date and time will not be accepted.
You may mail the application to: Aggie Park @ 6205 West Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78213. There is also a mail slot on the front office door which allows for drop off anytime of any day.
Responsibility for timely delivery of the application rests with the applicant and not with any third parties including any postal service.
Submitting an Application:
1. Complete applications must be submitted in a yellow or white 9x12 inch envelope, or 10x13 inch envelope. On the front bottom corner of the envelope, include your first and last name as well as your high school. Click here to see an example. Please use this as a template, whether you are mailing your application, or dropping it off.
2. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application. (You'll receive a mailed letter if you are not selected for an interview)
3. Include an official copy of your high school transcript, showing grades through the first half of your senior year.
4. Applicants must complete either the SAT or ACT exam and submit an official copy of scores.
5. Three letters of recommendation are encouraged, but you may attach no more than three letters of recommendation to this application.
6. This application must be complete. No substitute applications will be accepted.
7. Applications missing information or materials can decrease your chances of being selected.
8. Applicants must be graduating from a high school in Bexar County or reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation.
(Students living in Bexar County but attending a high school outside of Bexar County are eligible)
9. To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must be unconditionally admitted to Texas A&M University for the Fall 2019 semester and be unconditionally committed to attending and graduating from Texas A&M University - College Station or Galveston campuses.
10. The program is administered without regard to race, creed, sex, religion, or national origin.
The San Antonio A&M Club Foundation’s intent is to assist worthy students to become graduates of Texas A&M. To that end the following provisions must be met:
Basic Conditions of the Scholarship
A. The recipient must be a full time student (complete 12 academic hours), maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA (overall), and be in good standing during each of his/her four years at Texas A&M University to continue to receive this scholarship. Should the overall GPA drop below the minimum requirement, the scholarship will be terminated. The recipient must ensure that the Texas A&M University Registrar’s Office sends a copy of his/her grades to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation after the completion of each semester.
B. The scholarship totals $12,000 and is distributed at $1,500 per semester over a four year period. The funds are paid to the Financial Administrator at Texas A&M and the student may use them in paying tuition, fees, room and board. The student will not be drawing it in cash.
C. If the student enters a paid cooperative education program while enrolled at Texas A&M, the scholarship will not be funded during the cooperative program period.
D. Withdrawal or dismissal from Texas A&M will terminate the scholarship.
Any falsification of information on this application is grounds for denial or termination of the scholarship.
Applicants are reminded that Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal, nor do we tolerate among us those who do.
The scholarships awarded are for students attending Texas A&M University at the College Station or Galveston campuses. Students attending any other branches of the Texas A&M system are not eligible.
The San Antonio A&M Club Foundation's Opportunity Award Scholarship Application may also serve as an application for the Mark Conroy Scholarship. The Mark Conroy Scholarship is awarded by the Board of Regents of Texas A&M University upon
recommendation by the Board of Directors of the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation.
If you have any questions about the scholarship program, please contact us by phone at 210-341-1393, or email email@example.com.
Normal office hours at Aggie Park are Monday thru Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm.
There is a mail slot on the office door for application drop off.