San Antonio A&M Club Foundation Opportunity Award Scholarship
Class of 2019 Recipients
Meryl Belisario - John Jay
Ethan Mauricio - John Jay
Blake Jones - S.A. Christian
Lee Markland - Cole
Antonio Carreon- Brackenridge
Andrew Salazar - John Jay
Paige Kosub - East Central
Taylor Cantu - Johnson
T.J. Pinales - Highlands
Kendal Hurtado - Antonian
Cameron Atkinson - O'Connor
Cassidy Reddout - Health Careers
Click here for an application
Even prior to chartering the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation on October 21, 1982 , the San Antonio A&M Club had provided scholarships for two decades. It is most proud of its program and the outstanding individuals it has been able to assist.
Each year the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation presents the Opportunity Award Scholarship to outstanding students graduating from Bexar County high schools or who reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation. This scholarship is for four years and is currently $3,000 per year. Primary considerations for the awards include academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities (excluding athletics), reasons for wanting to attend Texas A&M University and financial need. Applicants will be narrowed to approximately twenty finalists who will be scheduled for a personal interview with the Foundation’s Scholastic Review Board that will make the final selection.
This also serves as an application for the
"Conroy" scholarship, awarded by the Board of Regents of Texas
A&M University upon recommendation of the Board of Directors of the San
Antonio A&M Club Foundation. The number and dollar amount these scholarships will be determined at a later date.
Instructions and Requirements
1. Complete the application and deliver it to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation no later than the deadline of 5:00pm March 8, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Address: 6205 West Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78213,
2. Use supplemental pages if additional space is necessary to answer questions. Reference questions by their appropriate section and number.
3. Include an official copy of your high school transcript, showing grades through the first half of your senior year. The transcript should also include overall grade average, SAT and/or ACT scores.
4. Include a self addressed pre-stamped envelope with your application.
5. Applicants must be graduating from a high school in Bexar County or reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation.
6. The program is administered without regard to race, creed, sex, religion, or national origin.
7. This application must be complete. No substitute applications will be accepted.
8. You may attach not more than three letters of recommendation to this application.
9. To be considered for a scholarship, the
applicant must be unconditionally admitted to Texas A&M University for the
Fall 2015 semester
10.The Foundation’s intent is to assist worthy students to become graduates of Texas A&M. To that end the following provisions must be met.
Basic Conditions of the Scholarship
A. The recipient must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA (overall) and be in good standing during each of his/her four years at Texas A&M University to continue to receive this scholarship. Should the overall GPA drop below the minimum requirement the scholarship will be terminated. The recipient must assure that the Texas A&M University Registrar’s Office sends a copy of his/her grades to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation for each semester.
B. The scholarship is for four years and is currently $3,000 per year. The funds are paid to the Financial Administrator at Texas A&M and the student may use them in paying tuition, fees, room and board. The student will not be drawing it in cash.
C. If the student enters a paid cooperative education program while enrolled at Texas A&M, the scholarship will not be funded during the cooperative program period.
D. Withdrawal or dismissal from Texas A&M will terminate the scholarship.
Applicants are reminded that Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal, nor do we tolerate among us those who do.
Any falsification of information on this application is grounds for denial or termination of the scholarship.
If you have any questions about the scholarship program, please contact us by phone or email at 210-341-1393, or email@example.com.