2014 Award Recipients
Aggie Wives and Graduates Scholarship
Andrw Chin - John Jay High School
San Antonio A&M Club Foundation Opportunity Award Scholarship
Thad Hogan - Reagan High School
Michael Chavaria - Brooks Academy
Mary McNabb - Geneva of Boerne
Alan Velazquez - Judson High School
Joshua Hall - Home School
William Pugh- MacArthur High School
Camille Ayala - Brandies High School
Alex Clukey - O'Connor High School
Kaitlyn Estridge - MacArthur High School
Thuia Abelaziz – Communication Arts
Madison McILvoy - Johnson High School
2015 APPLICATION COMING SOON
Each year the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation presents the Opportunity Award Scholarship to outstanding students graduating from Bexar County high schools or who reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation. This scholarship is for four years and is currently $1000 per year. Primary considerations for the awards include academic achievement, involvement in extracurricular activities (excluding athletics), reasons for wanting to attend Texas A&M University and financial need. Applicants will be narrowed to approximatley twenty finalists who will be scheduled for a personal interview on Saturday May 3, 2014 with the Foundation’s Scholastic Review Board that will make the final selection.
Even prior to chartering the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation on October 21, 1982 , the San Antonio A&M Club had provided scholarships for two decades. It is most proud of its program and the outstanding individuals it has been able to assist. Please do not hesitate to call the Foundation at 341-1393, if we can be of any assistance.
This also serves as an application for the
"Conroy" scholarship, awarded by the Board of Regents of Texas
A&M University upon recommendation of the Board of Directors of the San
Antonio A&M Club and Foundation and for a scholarship awarded by the
San Antonio Aggie Wives and Graduates Club. The number and dollar amount
of both of these scholarships will be determined at a later date.
Instructions and Requirements
1. Complete this application and mail to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation, 6205 West Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78213, no later than the deadline of 5pm April 8, 2014. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
2. Use supplemental pages if additional space is necessary to answer questions. Reference questions by their appropriate section and number.
3. Include an official copy of your high school transcript, showing grades through the first half of your senior year. The transcript should also include overall grade average, SAT and/or ACT scores.
4. Applicants must be graduating from a high school in Bexar County or reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation.
5. The program is administered without regard to race, creed, sex, religion, or national origin.
6. This application must be complete. No substitute applications will be accepted.
7. You may attach not more than three letters of recommendation to this application.
8. To be considered for a scholarship, the
applicant must be unconditionally admitted to Texas A&M University for the
Fall 2014 semester
9. The Foundation’s intent is to assist worthy students to become graduates of Texas A&M. To that end the following provisions must be met.
Basic Conditions of the Scholarship
A. The recipient must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPR (overall) and be in good standing during each of his/her four years at Texas A&M University to continue to receive this scholarship. Should the overall GPR drop below the minimum requirement, the recipient will be allowed a “grace” semester to raise his/her overall GPR to at least the 2.0 requirement. The scholarship may be revoked if the recipient has a satisfactory overall GPR, but has two consecutive semester GPR’s below 2.0. The recipient must assure that the Texas A&M University Registrar’s Office sends a copy of his/her grades to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation for each semester.
B. The scholarship is for four years and is currently $1,000 per year. The funds are paid to the Financial Administrator at Texas A&M and the student may use them in paying tuition, fees, room and board. The student will not be drawing it in cash.
C. If the student enters a paid cooperative education program while enrolled at Texas A&M, the scholarship will not be funded during the cooperative program period.
D. Withdrawal or dismissal from Texas A&M will terminate the scholarship.
Applicants are reminded that Aggies do not lie, cheat or steal, nor do we tolerate among us those who do.
Any falsification of information on this application is grounds for denial or termination of the scholarship.
For more information about scholarships from the San Antonio A&M Club, click here to email the scholarship chair at Aggie Park.
** Some browsers may request a username & password. Just hit cancel and the Application Form will bypass the request & open.