The San Antonio A&M Club Foundation Scholarship Program is administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, or national origin. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following two conditions:
- Applicants must be graduating from a high school located in Bexar County or reside in Bexar County at the time of graduation. Students who reside in Bexar County but attend a high school outside of Bexar County or participate in homeschooling or online education programs are eligible.
- Applicants must be unconditionally admitted to Texas A&M University College Station or Galveston campus and enroll for the Fall 2021 semester. This scholarship is not available to students seeking admission to other universities in the Texas A&M University System, e.g., TAMU- Kingsville, TAMU-San Antonio, Tarleton State University, West Texas A&M, etc.
Submission Deadline and Instructions
Completed applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2021. Applications are due by 5:00pm on Thursday, March 4, 2021 to the San Antonio A&M Club Foundation office located at Aggie Park, 6205 West Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78213. Applications received after this date and time will not be considered. You may deliver your application in person during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. Applications may also be dropped off outside of regular business hours through the mail slot on the office door at Aggie Park. Applications may also be mailed to the address provided above. Responsibility for timely delivery of the application rests with the applicant and not with any third party, including the delivery or postal service used. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via phone by mid March. The interview date will be scheduled on a Saturday in April 2021 (to be determined), and those selected will be scheduled for a 15 minute interview between 8:30am and 3:00pm.
(NOTE–Aggie Park will be under renovation during the submission window, so you are advised to call or check the website for updated instructions if dropping off your application in person.)
Please use the following submission guidelines as a checklist to ensure your application packet is complete. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in your application not being considered.
- Complete and sign the two-page San Antonio A&M Club Application Form. No substitute applications will be accepted. Ensure your email address is legible as all applicants will be notified of their selection status by email.
- Include your typed essay of 750 words or fewer, double-spaced in 12-point Times Roman font.
- Include two letters of recommendation with your application.
- Include a copy of your official high school transcript with grades through the first half of senior year.
- Include a copy of your SAT or ACT exam scores. (Can submit SAT, ACT or both.)
- Submit all of the above items in a 9 x 12 inch or 10 x 13 inch envelope, and write your full name and the name of your high school on the front of the envelope.
Scholarship Provisions and Requirements
The Foundation’s intent is to assist worthy students in becoming graduates of Texas A&M University. To that end, the following provisions and requirements are in place for recipients of the scholarship:
- Scholarship funds are paid each semester directly to the recipient's student account and are managed and administered by the Scholarships and Financial Aid Office at Texas A&M University.
- To continue receiving the scholarship, the recipient must be a full time student (complete 12 academic hours per semester), maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester, and be in good standing during each semester he/she is enrolled at Texas A&M University.
- If the recipient enters a paid cooperative education program while enrolled at Texas A&M University, the scholarship will not be funded during the cooperative program period.
- Withdrawal or dismissal from Texas A&M University will terminate the scholarship.
If you have any questions about the scholarship program, please contact us by phone at 210-341-1393, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normal office hours at Aggie Park are Monday thru Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm.
There is a mail slot on the office door for application drop off.